Courtney Warren is a Texas-based interior designer whose work has been featured in Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens, Good Housekeeping, Apartment Therapy, and Today.com. She is a frequent consultant on Fox 4 TV’s Good Day program in Dallas, was ranked in the top 3 percent of interior designers in the US by Houzz.com, and starred in the Dallas episode of TLC’sFour Houses. She delights in helping overwhelmed clients create beautiful spaces—and will never turn down a warm chocolate chip cookie or Diet Dr Pepper.
I get that! Me, too!
Thankfully, home DIY projects can be easy and
mostly accomplished in one day and under $100.
1. don’t require any handyman
2. that are fantastic ways you can update your house cheaply.
Read these four, choose your favorite, make your materials list and swing through your local home improvement store – they’ll come out and load you up for these easy home improvement projects for some DIY home decor.
2. Secondly, chalkboard paint plus some white frames in the girls’ bathroom creates an ever-changing art display. You could try this in a DIY project in a bedroom or a breakfast nook, too!
3. Try painting stripes to add a whimsical note to a bedroom accent wall for a bedroom DIY. In this home, we pulled the blues from her bedding for this striped accent walls.
For this one day DIY home project, just measure, tape off the sections and corners, and roll on the colors.
And while you’re buying paint anyway, what about painting a nightstand in a coordinating color?
4. Shadow silhouettes are classic and sweet. Trying to get the kids to sit still while you make said child silhouettes portrait of them is probably not the easiest way- at least for my kids.
But be encouraged– you can snap a photo of their side profile and convert it to a silhouette online! This is the best way to make a paper sihlouette art is absolutely GENIUS and looks so amazing.
Email me to book a call time!
In the meantime, catch other great design tips on my YouTube channel, Real Life Design with Courtney Warren!