Courtney Warren is a Texas-based interior designer whose work has been featured in Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens, Good Housekeeping, Apartment Therapy, and Today.com. She is a frequent consultant on Fox 4 TV’s Good Day program in Dallas, was ranked in the top 3 percent of interior designers in the US by Houzz.com, and starred in the Dallas episode of TLC’sFour Houses. She delights in helping overwhelmed clients create beautiful spaces—and will never turn down a warm chocolate chip cookie or Diet Dr Pepper.
Life moves fast, huh? I am a believer of stopping to give thanks and look back to reflect on the year. There were some learning moments of 2018 as well as some moments to celebrate.
1. Flea Market Home & Living magazine named me as one of the 3 “Queens of Junk”.
It brings me joy to find those perfect accents for your home that makes it feel unique and interesting. Each style warrants a conversation piece that tells the story of who you are and I love a great bargain! I laugh that they gave me the nickname “Fast footed bargain hunter”. HA!
2. I also love being on Fox Good Day. I joined them several times this year, the last being the hot chocolate bar!
3. Of course, the best part of my job is working with clients. I had so many amazing projects that I loved working on this year. Paula was one of my amazing clients and we transformed her guest room into an amazing playroom for her grandkids. It was a surprise and we captured it on video.
4. Renovating a house is quite a feat, but we are finished!!! After a lot of work, I was able to look at the home we bought and start the creative transformation process. It is amazing how something can be completely different with new colors, fresh paint, and some products that signify memorable moments. We sold the house and close on it soon.
5. Because I get so many questions about the holidays, I wrote two holiday ebooks so others can share in this fun adventure! The ebooks are designed to help you turn the hassle into a creative blueprint for your home during the holiday season. I love hearing how others are using them!
6. Courtney Warren Home has seen exciting growth this year, and I am most excited that I have had 2 staff members join me. They have completely changed the inner workings of my business! Brandy joined me in April and Jessica joined me less than a month ago and I am so thankful to have both of these amazing, sharp, passionate women. God brought me two smart cookies that have strengths where I am lacking and I am so thankful! As I look back on 2018, I realize what a great year we’ve had! I’m so thankful for you all! I love being part of this business because I can work with wonderful clients like YOU! If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have this journey! I love our moments of transforming your home into a place you love. Thank you all again for an incredible year! You are the best clients and I’m thankful to be part of your story!
What successes are you celebrating in 2018?